Saturday, December 2, from 9am-12 (ish)
Marshall Community Center, conference room
1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver WA (kitty corner from Clark College)
Saturday December 9, from 11am-2pm (ish)
11324 NE 51st Circle, Vancouver WA (SR 500 & 112th/Gher Road)
**please remember that in November & December we do limited classes because of the holidays. If these class dates and/or times don't work for you, please let us know. We understand that you have lives, and families, and work. We will work something out that works better with your schedule. Just let us know....
....we also have home seller classes available too...link on left on website
Remember...with reservation...we will throw in lunch, or dinner! :-D
I know...I have to keep reminding you about our WINTER CLIENT APPRECIATION event will be held on Saturday, December 16, for the Opening Weekend of STAR WARS: The Last Jedi. The event will be held from 3:30pm-6:30pm, with seating to start at 2:45pm.
Because this is expected to be a pretty big event, Chris Berg (Pinnacle Mortgage 503-320-0295, email@example.com), & I are also renting out the top living room portion for 21+..... We are taking reservations now, so please...if you plan on attending let us know how many tickets you need. The 21+ area is now full, but we currently have plenty (so far) for the general seating area. We look forward to seeing you there!! :-D
...as always... THANK YOU!
I love the holidays so much... my house smells amazeballs right now, and I have my yoga pants on. Not because I am actually going to do yoga right now, but because their comfy for the marathon of deliciousness that is forthcoming. Yummmmm....
From my home to yours....Happy Thanksgiving. I am so very grateful and thankful for your referrals, and your business. Your home adventure is one of the largest decisions you ever make, and so I'm thankful that you trust me to be part of it with you.
With the home buyer classes, I am almost always asked if people have to rsvp, and while that is nice so we know how many packets to bring, and how many sandwiches, etc, we should have, we always welcome walk ins too. So, so why don't we enforce the class rsvp? Because, for one thing they're free, and we teach them a couple of time a month, but also because we know that many folks who rsvp won't make it to the class because other things come up. Now...don't feel bad....life happens to all of us! It just does, and the surest way to make fate laugh is to say that you have 'a plan'....or to says that things are going great. :-D Our lives are very hectic with family, work, health, traffic,etc. Life happens to the best of us...and life doesn't stop because you are buying a home, or wanting to buy a home either. We know that life happens, and that things come up....they KEY to this is to talk with your agent and your lender. Some times, when you're buying a home and life happens, we can make sure it doesn't affect your homebuying adventure. However....sometimes people do things that does affect their home buying adventure so this week we are going to go over the things you should NOT do while in the process of buying a home...
So, the last couple of weeks I have had some serious topics, so I would like to lighten the mood some, and still impart some knowledge as well. Chris Berg with Pinnacle Mortgage (503-320-0925 or firstname.lastname@example.org) has come up with a fabulous list of things NOT to do while buying a home....and yes, we have had clients do all of these in the past! :-)
55 Things NOT to do while buying a home, or when in underwriting....
- DON'T buy a car (or co-sign for one)
- DON'T apply for credit (no new credit cards, or loans)
- DON'T close your credit account(s)
- DON'T transfer money into, or between accounts
- DON'T deposit cash (we will need receipts for where it has come)
- DON'T quit your job or turn in your notice to quit your job
- DON'T stop paying your bills
- DON'T be late paying your bills
- DON'T put items on layaway
- DON'T do 'same as cash financing'
- DON'T buy a fridge (or washer/dryer)
- DON'T remover or add a person to your accounts
- DON'T decrease your work hours
- DON'T LIE TO YOUR LENDER (or lie by omission)
- DON'T assume you can get away with something (we will find out...it's our job)
- DON'T try to go around your agent by talking with the seller directly.
- DON'T threaten your future neighbors
- DON'T start moving in before closing
- DON'T neglect of file your taxes
- DON'T buy a boat
- DON'T file for divorce
- DON'T file for legal separation
- DON'T change your name
- DON'T have a garage sale, and deposit the cash from it (see #5)
- DON'T sell a vehicle you don't own, and deposit the cash (see #5)
- DON'T patrol the property you have made an offer on and threaten/harass other buyers
- DON'T switch jobs
- DON'T switch Banks, or open new bank accounts
- DON'T buy an airplane
- DON'T schedule an elective surgery
- DON'T allow anyone to pull your credit
- DON'T LIE TO YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT (or lie by omission)
- DON'T assume you will understand closing paperwork...ask questions!
- DON'T assume the figures at approval will be the same ones at closing. Approval is mostly guesstimates until you have an accepted offer...again, ask questions
- DON'T pay your earnest money with CASH!
- DON'T spend your down payment on furniture, or to go hunting
- DON'T lose your earnest money on a bet...even if seems like a 'sure thing'
- DON'T open a business
- DON'T file Bankruptcy
- DON'T get arrested
- DON'T try to re-negotiate terms at closing. Know your interest rate (and APR) before closing
- DON'T try to make repairs (or decorate/paint) before closing
- DON'T try to bribe the appraiser (please don't!)
- DON'T burn, remove, or cut down trees/brush at home you are in process of buying
- DON'T write bad checks
- DON'T charge up your credit cards
- DON'T accept a new job out of state
- DON'T break into the home you are buying
- DON'T do the "would you like to apply for our card to save 15%-25% off your purchase"? See #2 & #31
- DON'T get married
- DON'T allow renters to move into the home you are selling, or buying
- DON'T let your ID expire
- DON'T cash out your retirement
- DON'T decide not to move to Oregon/Washington due to Mt St Helens
- DON'T hide important financial information like hidden accounts, liens, etc. (we will find out)
whew! We could probably come up with some more, but that works for now. :-) Please remember that a pre-approval is a snapshot of your current financial situation....if you change your financial situation you could lose your pre-approval...and your home. When in doubt...DON'T!
Questions? Ask your agent, ask your lender....please remember that we work FOR you. Not sure about something? Ask. It is always better to be up front about any concerns, or issues you might have so that we can deal with them now...rather than try to play catch up later.
Information is power, and I hope that I am able to help you. Good luck, and as always...May the odds be ever in your favor out there.... If you are looking for a real estate agent, I would love to be able to help you.
As always....this is just a quick overview.... please remember that your agent, and your lender work for YOU. You drive the bus...we are merely GPS to help you get to your goals. Like the classes, this weekly blog email is to help you with your home adventure. The goal is to be informative and non-promotional. :-) We are, however, hoping you will call and want us to help with your adventure.
If you have any questions about this, or something you have heard...or if you would like me to help you with your home adventure, please call, email, text, or facebook me anytime. I am, as always, happy to help!
Thank you again for your business and your referrals!! ...and thank you for referring these classes to your friends, family, and co-workers.
. ..disclaimer...if you have already purchased a home, or would no longer like to receive these emails, please let me know and I will be happy to remove you from any further mailings...
Upcoming Topics: The WINTER Market, and how this helps YOU
Last Week: Finding the "Right" Home
Have a great day, and I will talk to you soon,
Real Estate broker
Re/Max - Van Mall
360/ 903-3504 cell
360/ 882-3600 fax
“Interested in free and non promotional home education classes? Go to www.freehomebuyerclasses.com for local upcoming home buyer and home SELLER classes, or facebook: Tracie DeMars Real Estate for my home buyer education blog.”
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
- Shel Silverstein, American poet, cartoonist and composer, (1930 - 1999).